One Stop Student Services is your first stop to learn about tuition and fees, financial aid, and course registration.
Financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans, grants, and work study may be available for students taking summer classes. Students who take at least 6 credit hours during the summer may use the HOPE Scholarship.*
SUMMER FINANCIAL AID FAST FACTS:
- To receive financial aid for summer classes, including the HOPE scholarship, students will submit a FAFSA for the prior year (2018-19).
- Register at your first opportunity for summer to ensure your aid package will be ready in time.
- Financial aid may be used for any summer session, even the mini term, if you take a minimum of 6 credit hours between mini term and a regular summer session. Available aid can include the HOPE Scholarship funds.
- If you’re a first-year student, you cannot get HOPE for the first summer (before your freshman year), but you can get other aid. The hours will count toward your 120-hour credit limit cap for HOPE.*
- Some students may be eligible for Pell Grant during the summer term. Check with One Stop to see if you may be eligible.
*Using HOPE Scholarship funds to pay for summer classes affects your overall HOPE eligibility. Please read this page for more information about using the HOPE to pay for summer session classes.